During the fall of 2016 we began the process to create an implementation plan for the organization. The following outlines the process required, taking into account all of the components that will ensure success.
Fall 2016— Implementation Plan started
- Regulatory Amendments:
- Monitor regulatory amendment
- Provide feedback
- Licensing Changes
- Monitor proposed licensing changes by DFO Maritimes
- Determine impact to the proposed organization
- Establish Transition Board
- Legal and financial structure established
- Establish registration tools
- Establish registration processes
- Training System
- Develop training system
- Establish training support process
- Develop communications strategy
- Execute communication strategy
Fall 2018— Implementation
Status Report— We are now moving in to Year 2 of our implementation plan. We will continue to flesh out the details of the program and hope to bring industry together in order to provide feedback on the proposed structure.
Proposed Road Map
We have established a proposed road map for registration, certification and training for the existing industry and new entrants. Please click here to see the process.